Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

5 (or more) Nostalgic VHS Tapes

As a college student, I find myself regressing more into the past and watching cartoons from my childhood.  It's probably because I'm trying to stave off the fear of being an adult and paying bills, but whatever the reason, I immediately gravitate to the video section when I enter a thrift store.

1.


This isn't really nostalgic (unless you saw this in your childhood in which case I am envious.)
Yes, this is something that actually exists.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit curious about how this dog solves crime.  Or how this dog goes undercover.  I am all for dogs in mustaches and hats.  (this one also looks to have a bit of a smoking problem)




2.


Monty Python's ridiculous, timeless comedy is apparently also on VHS.  I really thought about buying it.  After all, there is no better insult than your father was a hamster and your mother smelt of elderberries!
(also I fart in your general direction)

3.  


Titanic is such a long movie that it takes two VHS tapes.  
(also special cameo by Raiders of the Lost Ark)

4/5/6.


In the far right you can see my all-time favorite children's movie, Space Jam.  It does not get any better than Michael Jordan interacting with Looney Tunes and aliens.  I would've loved to have seen that making-of.  A basketball player talking to an invisible rabbit and lisping duck on a green screen.

Also Casper and Inspector Gadget!  

Which VHS tapes from your childhood do you find yourself randomly wanting to watch?  Just recently I had the urge to rewatch all the Alladin movies.  (yes, even the sequels)  
Did I make a mistake not buying Sherlock: Undercover Dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment