Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Thrift store review: Crossroads Trading Co. Stockton, CA


The first official review for this blog is dedicated to my favorite second-hand clothing store in Stockton, Crossroads!  Nestled between a Vietnamese restaurant and a hair salon is this small haven for cheap, designer clothes.  It may not be as cheap as a thrift store, but the clothes are good quality and in the latest styles.



Crossroads Trading Co. purchases designer label, gently used clothes and sells them for cheap at their many locations across the country.  Because the one in Stockton is small compared to the other branches (there's one in Sacramento and San Jose), it doesn't buy clothes.  

However, both males and females can find some excellent outfits here!  


Here's a picture of the inside of Crossroads, taken at the wrong time when the sun was blinding me through the window.  As you can see, everything is organized by color, which is one of my favorite things about the store.

In the front you have all the new arrivals, and these usually go for a higher price, like 9~12 dollars.  The rest of the store is organized by type, men's on the left and women's on the right.   I can get lost in here for hours. 

Clothes vary in style but they have the basics: shirts, pants, skirts, dresses, long sleeves, jackets, etc.  I've bought three pairs of jeans there and have been happy with all of them.  Jeans are so expensive nowadays!  The cheapest pair I've found at a retail store was 25 bucks.  I got a nice pair of Levi's for 8 dollars so I feel extremely proud of myself.


This burgundy tweed (I think it was tweed?) blazer was 8 dollars but sadly I didn't get it because my arms are too short and wearing blazers makes me look like a tiny boy wearing his dad's suit.  Shoulder pads are a nightmare too.  Why would you ever want larger shoulders?  Unless, of course, you're a football player.  

The Crossroads return policy only lasts 7 days for a full money-back guarantee, exchange or store credit.  

Customer service there is excellent as well.  I tend to look like an overburdened pack mule when I start picking out clothes, so the dressing room attendant was kind enough to hold things for me while I carried on shopping.  

Also, if you use your own bag, they will give you a wooden token to put into one of three boxes labeled with the names of different charities.  For each one they will donate money to the designated cause.  My mom will just be happy I'm finally using reusable bags.

This store is responsible for restocking most of my wardrobe, so please go visit them if you have a chance!




No comments:

Post a Comment