Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

6 strange/useless things you'll only find at goodwill

I think my favorite part of thrift shopping, aside from the deals, is coming across really strange things that make me question why something like this was invented in the first place.  And then it makes me wonder who would buy this and think it was a good idea?  This week's post is dedicated to some of those special things.
1.


But first I have to know, what is this?  It looks like the first failed attempt at making an abacus.

2.


This doll is not very happy after being donated to Goodwill.  It also has no whites in the eyes, which either means it's a demon, or a paint job gone horribly wrong.

3.


If you were ever worried about being both properly hydrated and maintaining your facial hair, this flask is perfect for you.  Also great for hipsters who like whiskey.

4.


You know when certain products sacrifice functionality for style?  This whisk has neither.  If you look closely the subtitle is "a highly evolved whisk."  I think the fact that it's sitting on a shelf in Goodwill says that kitchen appliance natural selection thought otherwise.

5.


I'm pretty sure this speaks for itself.

6.


Ever wonder how the dinosaurs survived in cold climates?  They didn't!  But if they had scarves like these Winter Friends they might have lasted a little longer.

And there you have it!  Six weird things that were actually made and sold somewhere and some point in time.  Hope you enjoyed this different type of post.  
Please post a picture/response in the comments of the strangest/funniest thing you've found at a thrift store.
Or can someone please tell me what that thing in picture 1 is?


4 comments:

  1. I think #1 is a foot massager???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooohhh~ Someone thought it was a back massager but I thought it was too small for that. Thank you!

      Delete